Friday, March 22, 2013

Ask TheLostSigns #5

I'm back! This weeks "Ask TheLostSigns" letters are coming to you courtesy of Alphas and Masters. Relationships are complicated when you're scary.

To: TheLostSigns

I'm a Master vampire and i'm interested in pursuing a relationship with a human mortal. I've been watching said mortal for a while now and think we'd really hit it off. Do you have any tips for me?
From: Formerly A Not Good Sucker 

Hey FANGS! You've come to the right place.

My first suggestion is to research the age of consent in your location. You've got time on your hands, so if your intended is considered underage wait until they are of age before pursuing a relationship with them. Otherwise it's more than a little creepy.

My Second piece of advice is to not use your vampire hoodoo on them. Nobody likes to be coerced into a relationship. In addition you won't actually be having a "real" relationship if your partner isn't making their own decisions.

My Third piece of advice is to be open and honest with your partner about who and what you are and how that affects what you're looking for and need from a partner. If you have to drink your partners blood, they should be made aware of the fact before hand. If you can't be exposed to sunlight, they should be made aware of that. If churches make you burst into flames, tell them. Keep in mind that your partner is not like you and thus isn't going to think or react the same way you do.

Good luck!.

Dear Ask TheLostSigns,
I met this great guy, but he's an Alpha werewolf. He says that i'm his mate, and have been chosen by destiny to be the other half of his soul. I can't deny that i feel drawn to him, but i'm concerned by his dominant behavior. He follows me all the time, and restricts the places i go and who i hang out with when he's not around. He also gets very upset when i try to be independent, or don't agree with the things he says. I'd like to sit down and discuss my feelings with him, but i feel as though he doesn't listen to me or put sufficient weight on my opinion. What should i do?
Sincerely,
Didn't Ask-Men Should Encourage Liberty

Oh DAMSEL,
Honey this man is a problem. You have the right to be independent, and anyone who loves you should support your independence. It's obvious that he is placing his "issues" on you. You're not in control of fate or destiny, but that shouldn't make you a victim. His controlling behavior and lack of sympathy for how it's affecting you make it obvious his only concern is himself. That you feel that he won't listen to you is your subconscious's way of telling you he's trouble and that you shouldn't trust him. This is exasperated by his attempts to derail discussion by getting upset. I recommend attempting couples counseling, but in the event that is not an option i suggest leaving him. Fate doesn't promise happy endings, just that things will happen.

Good Luck!

Thank you for joining us this week. Hope ya'll enjoyed the advice. I'll be back next week with "Ask TheLostSigns #6"

1 comment:

  1. Love the advice. You get some really interesting letters. Keep them coming...

    ReplyDelete